Avalon, here we come
UPDATE 1/30/14 3:51pm: we waited an extra day for better wind but be careful what you wish for 🙂 it should be a rockin night. We are leaving Channel Islands Harbor now, 3:51pm, and expect to be at Avalon by sunrise.
The weather looks good, and so we’ve decided to leave tonight for Catalina island.
We’ll be staying on a free dock at a museum in channel islands harbor until just before dark and then taking off. We topped off the diesel tank in case the wind gets light or decides to blow on our nose.